Tuesday, March 24, 2015

All About The Seafood Expo North America 2015

Last week, for three days, I donned my SCUBA gear and journeyed through the waters of the Seafood Expo North America (SENA). Singing the Fish Heads song, I waded down aisle after aisle, listening to the tales of the fish, sampling the abundant bounty of the sea. And during that time, and for the last week, I've been penning the stories I have discovered, sharing interesting information about the Seafood Expo. It's been fun.

In addition, the 5th Annual iPura Tweet & Blogfest with Triple Pundit at #SENA15 is winding down, and was supposed to end at midnight on March 24, though it was extended for one more day. This is a special contest for local bloggers in which they compete to offer the "Best Overall Coverage" of the Seafood Expo. An impartial third party judges the contest and the top prize is a hefty $1000.

As an added bonus this year, several of the best blogger articles will be featured on Triple Pundit, a leading website on ethical, sustainable and profitable business practices. Their philosophy is based on the triple bottom line of People, Planet & Profit, believing that "economy, environment and society are inseparably related and an understanding of all three is critical to long term profitability."

As the reigning champion, I am trying to retain my crown, to win this contest for the third time in a row, and continue to be known as the Fish Head Whisperer. Each year, I have stepped up my game, trying to surpass my prior year's coverage. Last year, I wrote 20 articles about the Seafood Expo and this year I topped that amount with 22 articles. Many thanks go to iPura and Triple Pundit,for holding this contest and for their support of local bloggers and the power of social media.

Over the last five years, this contest has led to a multitude of articles about SENA, far more than the local print media has done. It has also presented a diversity of voices about SENA, offering different viewpoints and covering angles that others may not have touched upon. Many of these articles are directed to the average consumer, those who we need to eat more seafood, so they present much value.

The Seafood Expo is one of the highlights of my year, and it provides ample fodder for story ideas year round. I would cover the Seafood Show even if the contest did not exist, but the contest provides some added incentive. Five years ago, during the first Blogfest, I wrote four articles about the Seafood Expo and that was sufficient to win the grand prize. However, as the years have passed, and the competition has increased, I have worked even harder at my coverage of the Expo. This year, you can read about my experiences at this fascinating three-day show in twenty-two articles. As a benefit for my readers, I am compiling links to all of my SENA articles into a single repository, this post.

If you have any questions about the Seafood Expo, feel free to add them to the comments or email me.

Here is the list of my SENA posts:

SENA15: Seafood Nutrition Partnership & Eating Heart Healthy
SENA15: Rant--Seafood Expo For The Public
SENA15: Master Class--Canada’s Organic Blue Mussels 
SENA15: Sunburst Trout Farms Jerky & Caviar 
SENA15: The Changing Landscape of Sustainable Seafood 
SENA15: Inupiat,Kotzebue & Sheefish
SENA15: Marine Stewardship Council Update
SENA15: Twelve Things You Should Know
SENA15: 2 Billion People Are Coming To Dinner, Let's Feed Them Fish!
SENA15: Blue North and Humane Harvest Initiative
SENA15: Maine Dayboat Scallops & Merroir
SENA15:  Ocean Executive & Seafood Trading Platform
SENA15: Fish Fun & Photos
SENA15: How To Cook Seafood
SENA15: Food of Interest
SENA15: Rant--Understanding the Seafood Retail Consumer
SENA15: Saucy Fish--Sustainable, Easy To Cook & Inexpensive
SENA15: Combating IUU Fishing & Seafood Fraud
SENA15: Paiche, the "Cod Of The Amazon"
SENA15: The Evolution Of Seafood Sustainability
SENA15: Aquaculture Stewardship Council Update 
SENA15: Final Ponderings

Will you attend the Seafood Expo North America in 2016? I hope to be there once again and would like to see some of my readers there too. I also hope to see even more bloggers there, spreading fish tales to all of their readers.

1 comment:

Penelope Sanchez said...

Seafood Expo North America’s Key Buyer Program attracts over 500 Key Buyers to the exposition. Key Buyers include high-volume seafood purchasers in multi-unit retail and foodservice establishments. Become an exhibitor and put your business in front of the North America’s largest seafood purchasers!

Mariz
Click here for Alaskan Brown Bear Hunts grizzly