Saturday, February 18, 2012

My New Endeavor in Melrose: Beacon Hill Wine

Today, I start a new adventure....

At 3pm, you'll find me at a wine shop, but I won't be shopping or attending a wine tasting. Instead, I will be starting a shift working at the Beacon Hill Wine & Gourmet in Melrose. I'll be working the register, stocking shelves, assisting customers and more. This will be my first weekend working there, and my usual schedule will be Saturdays from 3pm-7pm, and every other Sunday, starting tomorrow, all day. I might also be there for additional shifts, filling in when needed.

I'll be surrounded by wine, at all price points, from California Chardonnay to Oregon Pinot Noir, from South African Pinotage to French Bordeaux, from Port to Sake. I'll be surrounded by food, much of it local, from a cheese counter to D'Artagnan meats, from wonton chips to dessert hummus, from Dom's sausage to chili chutney. There will be chilled beers and hard ciders, including local brews, as well as giftware, such as glasses and decanters.

Feel free to stop by while I am working, and maybe I can help you select something interesting and delicious to eat and/or drink.

Beacon Hill Wine & Gourmet
538 Main Street
Melrose, MA
Phone 781-665-3332

5 comments:

Ben Bell said...

Welcome to the retail world! I maintain there is no better part of business where one can keep a finger on the pulse of practically everything going on in the drinks world.

How is the sake selection at Beacon Hill?

Wine Harlots said...

Congrats on the new gig.
This is going to be great for your writing -- lot's of new material!

All the best,

Nannette Eaton

Unknown said...

Hi Richard, are you still working there?

Richard Auffrey said...

Hi Erica,
Yes, I do. Mainly on weekends.

Brendan Boston said...

Isn't that owned by Gene Biraldi?